PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 24th Jun 2019, 20:01
yoko1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smythe
Really, how certain are you that it functions that way? Because Boeing stated so? How many pilot reports show that turning OFF AP resolves the situation?

AoA high? really, how high does the AoA have to be for the wing to stall? MCAS pushes the nose down 2.5 degrees at low speeds to prevent stall? That is a hell of a different AoA on final...

Aside from that issue, what about the rest of the argument by myself and others?

Yes, I am sure MCAS works that way.

The nose down upon autopilot engagement you referred to was an autopilot problem, not an MCAS problem. I've had the same thing happen on the 737NG. It's not really a big deal - just disconnect the autopilot and try the other one.

The 2.5 degree nose down trim input is actually less abrupt than the stick pusher devices installed in numerous other commercial aircraft. I assume you don't have a problem with those? The FAA and EASA certainly don't.

The 737MAX is aerodynamically stable throughout its flight envelope. Just because you want to believe otherwise doesn't make it so.

Yoko out.