PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Commercial Rotorcraft Add - on / R44 Safety
Old 24th Jun 2019, 16:51
RandomPerson8008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aa777888

Another good reason to pursue the CPH is to improve your status with the rental operation and get some of those rental restrictions removed. There is absolutely no point to flying small helicopters when all you do is fly from paved runway to paved runway. If that doesn't seem possible find another school. And if the school is not serious about teaching in a real-world commercial environment, i.e. all your confined landings are in some easy-peasy farmer's field off the end of the runway, find another school.
Thank you. I think you can land anywhere within reason with an instructor on board. On the first flight we landed on a very small island in a mountain stream a few thousand feet in elevation above the departure airport. Off-airport landings say they require prior approval by the director of operations in their rental agreement. I get the impression that it is a tour/charter operator first and a flight school/rental agency distant second.