PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB Light Aircraft Crash
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2019, 13:10
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ironbutt57
glad I got my head bitten off for suggesting wake...rip....nasty unexpected surprise when it's from a parallel runway, but it can happen..
Ironbutt,
Its called "premature emasculation" and seems to be rife on this site. I thought the assumption of wake turbulence was quite valid which I based on 15 years of operating in Dubai but I guess some get sensitive about hearing what may possibly be the truth. In any case it's a sad loss for an event that could easily have been avoided based on present knowledge and technology.

I don’t however think speculation is appropriate if you’re not familiar with the nature of the operation, which is very different to most “Conventional Aviators” understanding.
Calibration operations may be different from commercial aviation but is not "unconventional aviation", IE approaches are flown and re-flown time and time again. Wake turbulence affects every type in varying degrees. I would like to think that DXB ATC will take something away from this accident but my feeling is that nothing will change. More spacing will mean less traffic/ hour and that is not in the interest of the airport operator. The EK 777 that tried the GA sans thrust initiated that GA due to becoming unstable due to wake turbulence which certainly is a contributing factor. Maybe someone in a big office somewhere with 3 pictures, dates and arabic coffee will make some changes....lets see.

Last edited by The Outlaw; 25th Jun 2019 at 01:35.