PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFTA, Simtech, VA or any other school for APS MCC
Old 24th Jun 2019, 09:28
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 737fan
Many new cadets invited and passed RYR with MCC only, most of them no APS students. On other hand many APS students failed. That's what I heard from inside.
If what you are saying is correct then it does raise some interesting questions:

1. Have you misheard what you were told? Was this just an off the cuff remark ~ a throw away line ? Just how close to the throne was your inside source? In essence, is this snippet actually true & the stats confirm it.

2. Taking your comment on face value, it cannot say much about the quality of certain providers who conduct APS?
Were those who attended APS courses, and failed Ryanair selection recognised by the providers as very marginal at best, and just scraped a PASS by the skin of their teeth?

3. A competent junior birdman attending a MCC or MCC/JOC at a quality provider will undoubtedly be successful. They do need to have been taught well during the light ac phrase. They then produce these basics skills during MCC viz. selecting an attitude and accurate trimming. It is as straightforward as that. The MCC then teaches the 2 crew skills for PF & PM.

If I had to express a view on the quotation, I would challenge the veracity of the statement. Half truths at best?