PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 15:41
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
asdf1234

I think it's normally the A319 which suffers most in those conditions rather than the A320, let alone the A320neo. Current wind direction is forecast to be NE on those days and payload on 05 is better than on 23 so don't start rubbing your hands just yet.

I'll be more interested to see if the 738s are payload limited.
I honestly don't know which aircraft type (319 or 320) was potentially subject to the restriction, other than it was EZY and not FR.

I too would like to see how the 738s perform, especially given they seem to have the SFP mod. Their larger payload would suggest a greater propensity to restrictions on 23 on a hot and humid day but maybe the SFP brings improvements over the 319/320. Only time and experience will tell.

Of course, a 05 departure should avoid any restrictions but again, only time will tell. Let's see what happens next week.

In retrospect was it wise for Stobart to restrict the declared distances on the runway? And could they now increase those declared distances to allow unrestricted ops on hot and humid days? As far as I could tell, limiting the declared distances was a cost saving measure centred on RFFS resources.