PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 12:13
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
What's that got to do with people holidaying and starting in Dublin?
S/he's just another bitter person, spouting complete nonsense. Practically the same percentage of people living in Rural Ireland have access to 30mbp or above broadband as they do in Rural UK, and this isn't based on bluster (see page 20 here).

In terms of roads in the west coast, have you been there 2Para? Regardless of the fact that you can get to every city in the republic from Dublin on motorway quality roads, and the northern border, you can also drive from Tuam, to South of Limerick City on continuous 137km worth of motorway or HQDC quality roads (106km of which is actually designated motorway (M17/M18/M20)) which is 7 kms short of overtaking the length of Northern Ireland's entire motorway network which stands at just 113.1km per the source here.

Yet when I drive North of the Border when I want to go home, I go from the M1 to the horrific winding A1 "Dual Carriageway", get stuck at York Gate Interchange, and don't even get me started on the A5 and A6. There isn't even a dual carriageway connection to the "International" Airport for crying out loud!!!