PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFTA, Simtech, VA or any other school for APS MCC
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 10:47
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by travis.karl
While the APS was hyped for several months it became clear by now that it didn't get the attention and the big numbers some schools hoped for. Standard MCC numbers at most traditional flight schools are steady and somewhat constant. That's what I heard. I'm happy that most students didn't run into this trap.
​​
That is good to hear, as it's no doubt another "FTO scheme" to try to squeeze much extra thousands of EUROS out of students.
Having been in the position within the last 10 years looking for my first job, I can fully understand the frustration some feel when they have spent a small fortune completing their CPL/IR.

Equally I would advice someone who is in their mid / late 20's or early/mid 30's, that getting stuck into an airline straight away, might seem great at first, but specially in the LCC industry, many face burnout within 10 - 15 years, some even faster, and only option to continue working is going part time.

In the mind of someone applying for their first job, just desperate to fly, this might sound crazy as all they wish at this moment of time is to fly as much as possible, this notion will eventually change with most guys after they have been "abused" enough.

I am not wanting to deter people from a flying career, just telling it how it is. So enjoy flying when you can, chances with airlines does come for most sooner or later. It took me about 18 months from completing my training to get my first job. Some guys even faster, the frustration is great during that initial search, but it's easy to think another extra "Sim course" is going to make it easier, or solve the problem to get the job.

I will repeat what I have said before, save your money, use it wisely, when you get the interview with a specific airline, that's when it's time to splash the cash on sim session, to prepare for that specific airline.