PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Jun 2019, 23:50
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadaRocks
Good day Ladies/Gentleman...I interviewed in April for DEC A350...I was successful, but now I am in the holding pattern...How long does it usually take to get the offer letter?

Many thanks,
CR
My god. Still people falling for this company.

Anyway - WAY back it took me 1 year from interview to pool to join. Even that my employer went bancrupt in the meantime did not bother the fantastic people at QR(I asked if I could join earlier, immediate availability, they even DID NOT bother to reply). Had to take a lease job to stay afloat and feed my family in between.

On some stage received a letter(with time limit, of course) which offered me my DEC job. Needed to be returned signed.

Unfortunately I fell for them and really joined which was most likely the biggest mistake of my life(but hey, learning by doing and others will repeat your mistakes) even being only on a temporary job. Should have sticked with that (european) outfit. Long story short, I left this miserable joke of an airline 3 years later.

But DO expect some waiting in the pool.

Funny sidestory - 10 years later, different airline. One of my FO(knowing that I was once flying for the qatari clowns), was seeking some advice. He applied, close to command upgrade, got the offer to join them. I discouraged him, he played on time (meaning he played along the "joining procedure" but never really resigned from his current job because of my warning(I want believe, but he is a clever fella). Well, 1 month(!!) before joining they wrote him an email stating that he is back in the holding pool(!!!, can you imagine, you would have quit your job already with your old airline) because "situation has changed".

Well, no harm for him, he had a job AND in the meantime his upgrading. In worst case you would be out of a job or, if your old company keeps you, maybe at the bottom of the seniority list again.

Like most middle eastern carriers this guys have no conscience. Stay clear if you can(by having an other job). They cannot be thrusted which counts as well to Chinese Operators obviously.