PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!
Old 21st Jun 2019, 08:15
diffident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot 'n' High
And, no offence to you Diff, but sadly many of your professional colleagues in the media routinely and deliberately publish outright lies, or should I say "filtered truth", for the sake of headline grabbing! At least 7U has an excuse (he's barking!) - the media (and politicians) are just into spinning their agendas for self-promotion (and that ellusive "scoop") despite reality suggesting otherwise. I honestly can't recall when I last bothered watching the News on TV or reading a paper - we are talking many years ago now! And that that I do get to hear of I just dismiss! I find Jet Blast keeps me reliably up to date with anything of real importance!!!
None taken, I agree. Un-researched, regurgitated, and poorly written drivel is a stain on journalism in the modern era. I wear the defence that subjects of my work use such as "rubbish journalist", etc etc as a badge of honour, because it shows I've rattled and/or exposed them. I'm only rubbish when they don't agree with my assessment!

Journalism, like commercial aviation, used to be a very well paid industry. Now it is a minimum-wage industry, and standards are sadly slipping where the number of articles banged out in a day trumps the quality of the reporting.

Back on topic - I've found it really quite intriguing that with all this Jet Airways talk over the recent months - which I must admit has been a wonderfully entertaining, but really quite tragic tale - the actual Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines charade has seen absolutely no change, no update, no press release, no announcements, no deals, no recruitment events, no bulls**t on social media, no nothing.