PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solo Circuits and Turblence
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2019, 06:20
onionabroad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solo Circuits and Turblence

Hi all,
So I'm just into my solo time of training now... had a general fear of flying before I started my PPL which has calmed for sure since starting...

Earlier this week (after a month off) there was no wind and I had a decent day, did a few solo circuits and left feeling rather stoked.

Yesterday, however, the aircraft just kept bouncing around all over the place either from a relatively average amount of wind, or it being a warm afternoon. I got so flustered just forgot everything..horrible trimming, late radio calls, height overshoots, far too long downwind, crappy landings.... I was definitely not cleared to solo yesterday.

My instructor said i was just over controlling, and need to just get used to turbulence and let the aircraft fly itself through most of the bumps.

I'm sure everyone here has experience on the more bumpy days (although obviously not too bad or else we wouldn't have gone up). If it was stressful thing for you, did you just get more experience with it and learn that it's OK... ? Is it just something you "accept" does it really just become normal?

Ha, these probably should be rhetorical questions, but it would be nice to hear from those who have dealt with these emotions.

Last edited by onionabroad; 21st Jun 2019 at 06:44.