PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2019, 22:03
azz767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ROC10
G-FDZT suffered a bird strike whilst operating EDI-ACE this morning. It turned back soon (although not immediately) after take-off and it looks like they tried to return to EDI but ended up at GLA. The aircraft is still there now and G-TAWA was ferried from BHX-GLA to operate the flight with an 11 hour delay. G-FDZZ was ferried from LGW-EDI to operate this evening's EDI-DLM with a comparatively minor delay of 1.5 hours.

I must say I am fairly impressed with the way TUI have handled all of this, considering it is summer and the current aircraft shortages. I am actually quite surprised at how well it’s been dealt with – I guess the leased aircraft are helping loosen the schedule a little for now, although it isn’t peak summer yet.
what I find more impressive is that they have sourced leased in a/c that are operating reliably.

how many times have we seen in the past airlines lease in capacity at short notice and they’ve leased in any old shed from any old airline and it’s caused even more disruption. It looks as though tui have done their homework with the max covers, especially Olympus and Alba star both of which are operating consistently on schedule