PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best sunglasses
Thread: Best sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2019, 19:56
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best sunglasses

Hello,

I recently broke my beautiful pair of sunglasses while unloading myself from an aircraft : the glasses unloaded themselves from my shirt's pocket.

I am looking for the best replacement possible, sunglasses that would be designed for aviation.
More precisely, I am looking for the equivalent of the Garmin D2 GPS watches :
A GPS watch can be expensive, but has reasons to justify the price : specific aviation functions (altimeter, compass, gps track and speed, track recording, etc..) which are not mandatory at all but are nice to have.

I am not talking about the looks only, I can find any shape or form I like on any brand's website.
I am looking for a pair of sunglasses which would be of specific interest to aviation : I don't know what that could be.
They could be polarized, or photochromic, or have more filtering for the more intense light at high altitude, or even have a rim designed not to interfere with a headset's ANR.

I understand any pair of sunglasses will do the job, but what is the model that you chose and what's it specific advantage over other models ?
What is it that you like about the sunglasses you own and that justifies buying them as such a high price ? (when compared with the basic 100€ ray ban model)

Thank you