PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Budget QF Airline & Recruitment (merged)
Old 1st Nov 2003, 22:47
peanut pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the delay...I have another life away from pprune

Ok, I will do my best in point form to answer some questions posted during my absence.
* Yes, I'am concerned for short haul flying as it stands.
* Yes, I think there will be job losses over a long period of time.
* Yes, MAM will conduct some classes in the new year or earlier to cover the new dropping of hours for s/h as of Jan 2004. Currently there is not enough casuals in SYD or MEL to cover the estimated amount of hours released.
*BNE or ADL is still the favorite for the new LCC withh both state governments pitching hard.
*Many decissions are still to be made as Service Development has just got it's first brief this week.
*People on the short list will be used if crew are required especially language speakers. There is no current requirement for fulltime crew
*Three names are doing the executive rounds at the moment, all sound good. Board approval in Nov.
*Am I worried for my long term employment. yes, in it's current state and the money I earn.
*All LCC recruitment will be run by seperate company same as Australian, who run there own show with there own selection standard "lets not go back there"
*MAM casuals will probaly get preference in new LCC recruitment process.
*Do I think the BNE s/h base will be around in 5 years, No but thats just me looking at the business model unfolding in front of me.
*Do I think there will be progression into s/h for linkers, No I think it's a thing of the past as there will be no where to progress to in 3 years. They are looking to shrink not inflate s/h in current enviroment.
*L/H union is already talking about the removal of divisional transfers as there will be no where to transfer to the way things are playing out.
*Sorry for any short listers that have been waiting for so long, the market has changed so much in the last 12 months with Virgin going from 12% to 30% so the qantas expasion plans a year ago don't mirror the cost model of compertition today.

I must be careful how much I give away here as people are openly asking me at work if I'am Peanut Pusher. It's not hard to work out once you start putting some info I put up for your information plus my profile. Once I breech the confidence of people who give me inside info as they come across it, I'll loose there contact forever.
Then you cop a spray for being busy and actually working, so you then ask yourself "is it worth getting in trouble from both sides of this fence" ? , I think you know the answer

Good bye & good luck to everybody, hope to see you in the air
Remember never give up on your dreams