PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2019, 08:26
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris1001
... Munich opens up not only the whole of southern Germany for both business and leisure but the Austrian Alps and Eastern Switzerland so skiers/boarders/walkers/climbers and mountain bikers can easily explore resorts such as Kitzbühel, Mayrehofen, Soll, Saalbach and so many more. Skiing in Austria is far better and cheaper than France with great infrastructure, fantastic mountain restaurants and apres ski. I gave up on the hell hole that is GVA years back as it’s just chaos on weekends in winter. ...
This service isn't going to survive on those skiers that prefer MUC to GVA, which in winter has had an EZY 4 or 5 times weekly service for "n" years at prices down to 50% of those being marketed by LH.
You also need to get real that skiing is less than 50% of the year, a number of IT companies have marketed the Tyrol as a summer destination, one has to assume it's lack of growth / success undermines any argument for mega numbers for at least "outbound" tourism.
I hope this service proves popular & is a success, unfortunately whatever way I look at, I have my concerns.