PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus-7
Thread: Aer Lingus-7
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2019, 07:06
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes, Dubai. What a fiasco that was, bad product, terrible timings, no connections with the predominant hub airline.I don’t think Dubai would be on the list again - the twice daily 777s from EK provide all the capacity DUB-DXB needs. Today EI is part of a much larger group, with far more insight into travel patterns, which might effect where they go and how ‘brave’ they want to be. In terms of connections going east, most of Europe would find transfer times quite unattractive compared to a transfer via the AF/KL, ME3 or LH Group hubs. There is some traffic from North America to India, for example. EI, of course, is an unknown in these areas, but it is a rapidly growing market.

My guess is that EI will use IAG’s strength in North America to cover more of Canada and US destination like Hartford, Charleston, Kansas, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Nashville, St Louis have all had low frequency, seasonal service launched by Icelandair/Wow/BA or Condor, These are places we don’t really consider as typical destinations, but could be unlocked by the XLR and hefty incentives. This article suggests the likes of Columbus, [Ohio]; Jacksonville, [Fla.]; and Milwaukee, Memphis, San Antonio and Sacramento.
https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...size-US-cities