PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger EBA approved
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2019, 06:07
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Berealgetreal
Oh ok basically they’ll own you for 5 days expect an . Suggest you look at recent Virgin eba as this was a massive issue.
You’ll also see multiple roster changes within the trip while they time balance you out of overtime (this will be vehemently denied but again check amendment to virgin eba).
Your last day won’t go anywhere near your home base to prevent you from hopping off due sick or fatigue.
These are some of the tasty gems coming your way.
Ok, I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person, but I think this needs some more clarity.

early start day 1 and late finish last day - This is pretty much standard practice & has been in the RCGM for years. Late to earlies is the real no-no.
multiple roster changes within the trip while they time balance you out of overtime - I don't doubt that it's in the EBA but you've gotta ask 'Who will be doing this?' Once published, the roster belongs to Crewing & there's one person on shift dealing with everything. I just don't see who will have time to pull things apart for this specific reason. Also, the Unions are told of all changes post publish.
Your last day won’t go anywhere near your home base to prevent you from hopping off due sick or fatigue - Geneva does not have this capability & the Rosterers won't have the time or the sense to be so clever, they'll just be frantically covering trips on the last day before publish!

I'd be more concerned about how 'flexible' the 'fixed' rosters are...