PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyabb Airport.
Thread: Tyabb Airport.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2019, 01:50
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a terrific turnout of locals and members last Saturday for the public meeting to show their support for the airport and associated businesses including PAC. A Current Affair managed to track down one of the main protagonists behind the anti airport group. This particular gentleman has been complaining for years. Pity the interviewer didn't ask him the obvious question - Why did you decide to move in to a house so close to an airport given your obvious dislike of aircraft noise..?? I also would have called him out on his statement that started with the words 'The problem RESIDENTS see is...' Well excuse me, but you don't speak for all the residents of Tyabb..!! That is plainly obvious from the number of people that attended on Saturday and the (to date) over 13,000 signatures to the online petition doing the rounds in support of the airfield. (A petition started by a local who is not even a member of PAC but loves the airfield and what it brings to the community).

As for the Mayor, well others have already pointed out his ridiculous assertions. I must however give him credit for at least turning up on Saturday. He would have known he was walking in to the 'lions den' so to speak and was probably going to cop some robust verbal 'advice'! He's gone up a notch in my book. That puts him at notch one

There was a meeting between PAC and shire CEO scheduled for earlier this week but I haven't heard how it went yet. Hopefully things can be resolved soon and avoid the lawyers/QC's getting involved.