PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2019, 12:00
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Prizmatic
I don’t understand, perhaps you could clarify? You became comfortable with the R22 TR more quickly than the fenestron?
Yes, exactly that.
Did you convert from TR Tm fenestron?
Yes, but I would hardly call the conversion complete. I've only got 3 hours on fenestron equipped helicopters.
I learnt to fly. Cabri and have no experience with TRs and it obviously feels totally natural and comfortable to me.
Of course it does. You have no basis for comparison.
This continuing debate seems non sensical to me. If you get out of an automatic car into a manual and expect to pull away without using the clutch you’re not going to get very far. It’s all about difference training but if you do make a mistake at least you will walk away from a Cabri.
No, it isn't nonsensical. Some things are harder to do than others on different helicopters. For instance, continuing the G2 vs R22 theme, and something I mentioned previously: do an auto in a G2, then do one in an R22. Then tell me which one is easier. I might whine a little (I'd hardly call it complaining ) about the fenestron in the G2, but I'd rather do auto's all day long in a G2 than a 22. Or a 44 or 66 for that matter!