PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2019, 21:37
Prizmatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aa777888
You could just as easily re-write that to say:

"On helicopter XXXX I doubt they need to change YYYYY as mostly the reason for the control loss sits between the earcovers of the headset." That's true, but my point is that some things are easier or harder than others on any given helicopter. The best helicopter would make everything very easy. But design trade-offs always seem to preclude doing that. All I know is that I became comfortable with an R22 tail rotor much more quickly than the fenestron. Others seem to fighting the same battle, and sometimes losing.

King's or Queen's English? I don't know!
I don’t understand, perhaps you could clarify? You became comfortable with the R22 TR more quickly than the fenestron? Did you convert from TR Tm fenestron? I learnt to fly. Cabri and have no experience with TRs and it obviously feels totally natural and comfortable to me. This continuing debate seems non sensical to me. If you get out of an automatic car into a manual and expect to pull away without using the clutch you’re not going to get very far. It’s all about difference training but if you do make a mistake at least you will walk away from a Cabri.