PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 17th Jun 2019, 21:20
Fly Aiprt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoko1
I'll confess that I'm a bit perplexed by the perspective that these accidents are a case of event A or event B or event C or event D exclusive of the others. We pretty much know from previous history that aviation accidents are generally the result of multiple causes. Several things came together at the wrong time, and each should be addressed as appropriate. I frankly don't see why Ethiopian's training and operating standards should get a pass just because Boeing and the FAA dropped the ball.
Of course you're right about the chain of events.
And yet, given what we know at the moment, why would necessarily ET training standards be especially sub-standard as compared to other airlines ?
I've seen so many experienced pilots lose their "basic abilities & airmanship" when confronted to aerobatic situations they have not been prepared to cope with, that I'll tend to cut the crews some slack.
Until more info is coming forth, I'll assume the ET crew was in the "average" line pilot category.

And yes I know that for some forumists here, every professional pilot is "above average" ;-)
Which would prove that their math level is, well, below average^^?