PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 17th Jun 2019, 14:52
cessnapete

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by oggers
But it doesn't have everything in one place, it has the same information that scores of other articles have in one place, in one place. So for '"well researched" I would say "well syndicated". Subjectively, some may find that "excellent" but I just find it more of the same. Just saying.
The fact that full power was left selected after takeoff doesn't seem to ba a noticeable comment on theses pages.
Surely the Flight Crews error in leaving TOGA Power set throughout the entire flight until it made a hole in the ground, dwarfs any MCAS part in the accident.
A lightly loaded B737 aircraft, as was ET (destination NBO) at takeoff, would soon break Flap and IAS Limits, and soon lead to a very high work load situation before MCAS was activated by flap retraction.
I am not dismissing the MCAS design problems, and erroneous stick shaker activation, but a lack of old fashioned Airmanship started train of events.