PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA 61.75 licence validity question
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2019, 14:39
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody 'with stripes' have a clear view on this? Where can I verify this; Part 61.75(g) is not explicit, not to me at least?
Just look for yourself under §61.56, which pertains to a flight review. There would be a specific mention in there one would have thought, if foreign training could be used. Also, part 91 of the regulations is to be covered... good luck finding any EASA only instructors/examiners who know what any of that (or even their own EASA regulation) means.
On a slightly different note, I know of someone flying on a 61.75 certificate who didn’t have a current SEP rating, but I think this was more a lack of understanding of people at the school in the US who checked the UK/JAA license was in date, but didn’t realise there was a separate SEP rating.
The sensible thing to do would be to ask the FAA. They don’t bite, and are generally more accessible and informative than the majority of our lot working at the Belgrano who have little understanding of EASA or UK derogations to the regulation. You’ll probably get an answer back a lot faster too, and someone’s name who will be accountable and provide you with chapter and verse from the relevant FAR.