PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 16th Jun 2019, 23:21
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Well the motor is of course adjacent to the jackscrew, but my suggested boost would need to be like powered steering, sensing the applied effort on the cables and boosting that long run. It would also have to be at the rear.

My concerns were for a situation where the European agency - and others - continue to refuse recertification due to control loads. A worst case scenario.

From John's post above:
Speaking on the eve of the Paris air show, the Boeing chief executive, Dennis Muilenburg, said the company’s communications were “not consistent” and that was “unacceptable”. Muilenburg added that the US aerospace group had failed to communicate “crisply” with regulators and carriers about the plane.
It's hard to imagine what was in Muilenburg's mind as he sat down to write his release. He can't say, 'we messed up', the lawyers brief must be extensive, and he also has to be guarded about just how sorry Boeing is, for the same reason. Building, maintaining and flying huge airliners carries a fearsome responsibility, which I for one started to feel at the end of my career. But it's the business we're in, having gone from a handful of people receiving waiter service in Lloyd Loom chairs to hundreds of souls being conveyed in unprecedented statistical safety. When an accidents happen it's not altogether surprising - until they cluster and reveal a mass of issues that leave the aviation world breathless. It simply isn't the world we thought we were in, the subterfuge, the downright lies, a shift in our perception that brings a loss of faith in the main players. We'd like to believe that no one would have risked a single life, it's beyond credulity, but there it is, increasing evidence that some folk manipulated difficulties just assuming the worst scenarios just wouldn't become reality. Denial has gone from meaning self-deception, to the misuse of words like, 'unacceptable'.