PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The dumb leading the blind . . .
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2003, 12:44
T_richard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know nothing about seeing eye dogs, or airline regulations, but I do know more than a few things about Labrador retrievers. I have spent 40 years around them in one way or another. In my experiance the most violent, blood thirsty Pitbull terrier will cross the street to avoid a Lab for fear of being nuzzled or licked to death. This is a breed that if left to their own devices; read: untrained will surpass all expectations for dumbness and goofiness, but they couldn't spell "violent" if you spotted them 80% of the letters. Trained, they are the best companions for a blind, elderly, lonely, (fill in the blank) human on the planet. The "only" drawback to a Lab is that they will shed the equivalent of a queen size blanket in hair each and every year. If one can figure out what to do with that stuff one could make more money than Bill Gates ever imagined. STUFF THE AIRLINE!!!!! IMHO

Tuner2 I acknowledge your recitation of the pertinant regs, furthermore I accept their legitamacy. It is not clear to me that these regs have been followed consistant (sp) -ly . I may be mistaken but I have been on a plane with dogs who were far better passengers than their owners. just my view nothing more