PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expired EASA ATPL Theory - Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2019, 14:57
Aware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yes at your age definitely do the a ATPLs again, I did that but then left aviation a few years ago to start a company, in financial services which requires loads of exams , still doing that but back now commercial instructing and going to get an IR but at my age 55 I’m just doing the CBIR ones , if I need HPA I will do that but probably never will need it. I’m also going into ATPL ground instruction with the commercial school as I’ve taken so many exams ! Second time round is way easier.

32 very young.

Ive enjoyed my time in aviation but the expiry of exams has always been a pain tbh.

Maybe getting old and synical but why do you get credit for MET and HPL if you hold a CPL and no other credit ! For the IR.

Im an IRI on the strength of my IR/r and teach SEP and CPL but would just like to move onto IR instructing, how I will get 30 hrs in a twin is another matter so may just do a SE IR.

Why do I keep going with it all I’m not sure but at last instructors are getting paid a reasonable income. And we have some FIs in our intergrated school who are 70 !

Last edited by Aware; 20th Jun 2019 at 07:33.