PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow-3
Thread: Glasgow-3
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2019, 14:50
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but anyhow, I reckon he/she is out of touch with what's going on up here, but here's hoping that DLH can make the FRA (and MUC) link(s) work and that other airlines
Out of touch? Nah
I grew up nearby and keep a close eye on “home”. I grew up with huge hopes watching NWA, BA, AA, AC and UA all launch long haul once PIK lost it’s monopoly. Then I discovered the meaning of the word “bubble” and became a marketing analyst.
I look at what was compared to what now is, American just dropped GLA, *again*. Air Canada once flew GLA-YYZ daily on a B741 and now manage 3 weekly peak summer. Continental flew 11 weekly 757s at their peak, or daily DC10-30s, now we have the shortest season EWR since launch in 1998. Kudos to Delta but look at the EDI/GLA split on DL/UA/AA/AC and ME3 capacity and it’s clear GLA is continuing to lose the battle badly. You wanna believe things are rosey, then fair play, but GLA these days to me is like the ex whose life just never turned out the way it was meant to.
It’s clear EDI management are prepared to make a compelling deal to airlines, I see little evidence AGS could find their own backside with both hands and a torch. Now THAT’s condescending.