PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger EBA approved
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2019, 07:21
Ollie Onion

Received 213 Likes on 72 Posts
I do hope you are right, but as someone with experience of the Qantas Groups attitude to negotiations I suspect 15-25% rises are as likely as us seeing a huge fleet of Uber air taxis flying around Melbourne next year. Even in the good times Qantas management sticks doggedly to the ‘no more than 3% per year total contract cost’, couple this with their ability this year to site softening pax figure, volatile fuel prices and an uncertain global economic outlook, I think it is tough times ahead for the negotiators.of course a bit of airline wide industrial action may help focus the minds, but as I have said, getting all pilots to join is unlikely, and of course they have many other pilot resources amongst the group to leverage their position. How about revoking the ‘active hold’ status for Mainline of any pilot who partakes in industrial action, using Jetstar NZ pilots to fly some routes during industrial action, farming out work to Network, Eastern etc or indeed returning capacity to Mainline along with offering positions to non-striking pilots. Are we so certain the ‘group’ pilots will stick together for the common good....... I truely hope that something good comes from the negotiation, history would tell us otherwise.