PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow-3
Thread: Glasgow-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2019, 09:03
willy wombat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't resist putting my 10 pence worth in now. I am also someone for whom GLA was home airport for many years but now live in S E England and, when I visit Scotland, now normally fly into EDI as that is where the remainder of my family live. I think the geographical locations of the two airports is also very important. For an EDI passenger to use GLA they have to go right past or through Glasgow city centre whereas a GLA pax can reach EDI without going past or through Edinburgh. If EDI was located, for example, South East of Edinburgh I think its ability to draw pax from the West of Scotland would be much more limited. While I have complained on here many times about the facilities at EDI, you have to admit it has a real buzz about it whereas last time I travelled through GLA I found it downright depressing. The "old international" pier (that EasyJet use) doesn't look like it has seen paint in a decade (but if it has been done in the last few months I apologise). However recent remarks by Mr Dewar at EDI about the difficulty attracting and retaining traffic does lead you to think that a fair chunk of EDI's growth has maybe been "bought".