PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger EBA approved
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2019, 08:31
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
Its likely to get ugly.

Fact is JQ flies the largest NB aircraft in Aus, with the most seats, the longest distances, have the least days off and likely do the most sectors of any 180 seat+ airline in Australia. The pay needs to start reflecting that. Great work to Tiger, congrats to them. I hope JQ uses this as a springboard to push for real changes, because anything that even breaks even with Tiger will be an insult in my eyes, no disrespect to the fine crew of Tiger. Simply a reflection of the realities of different operation with different capabilities.

No doubt there will be threats by management to close the place down. Will there be unity? I sure hope so. Tiger proved that unity can deliver real dividends.
Predicated on unlimited supply or qualified or self funding pilots the industry replicated the extremes of the Ryan air model to various degrees.
Whilst management may try to hold the line, after all they are used to getting things their way, they are on the wrong side of the trade.
The reality that airlines are yet to accept, indeed many pilots also refuse to believe that demographics are driving this gradual reduction in pilot supply. The second order effect is that their adversarial IR approaches have dissuaded more potential pilots form investing in a career.

Their approach will not waver until the reality of shortages means cancellation and frequency rates are harder and harder to maintain.
Whether it is 'training academies' pilotless aircraft or even corporate welfare, airlines will continue to try to hold the status quo.

There is abundant evidence of upwards pressure on terms and conditions if one bothers to look and kudos to the pilots involved for calling the bluff.
3% is not the upper bound of remuneration outcomes.