PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 14th Jun 2019, 00:35
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Last first: the sample is too small to draw any conclusions. As I mentioned yesterday, the vane faults were unrelated - probably - so incredible bad luck.

The thing about the Comet is that no one knew what was happening and it led to an horrific string of events. We learned a great deal about the MAX after the first accident, the previous LionAir flight focussing attention on the probable cause. Sadly, the time to the second tragedy was too small to allow crews worldwide to become fully aware of the trimming difficulties. What I'm saying I suppose is there wasn't enough learning time.

For the MAX to become Boeing's Comet will depend more on what finally comes out of the darkest recesses of filing cabinets.
The insufficient trim mystery after re-activation of Electric Trim
That's left me a little confused. Even if the negative g was at the time I eluded to, any positive results of ANU pulses would be a very welcome positive g. Pilots hitting the ceiling? The blog seems a puzzling mixture of knowledge and nonsense.