PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair Recruitment Day.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2019, 23:02
Hogos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the test few months ago, don't worry about the written test, maybe they don't even look at it.
Of course, my advise is try to do your best, but it's not a crucial step for the overall evaluation.

The interview was really nice, the assessors were very nice to talk with, very relaxed and easygoing.

Focus on the sim, that's what i found hard, and the reason why I failed !
I literally went blank, because it's a generic sim, (com / nav boxes are touch screen), and I was facing something new.
I don't want to justify or blame the sim, but being unfamiliar with it, it's increased my workload, deteriorating the overall performance.
Just for example, there were a big difference between QNH and 1013, I got confused for a while about where the STND bottom was located, and I busted the altitude by 500'.
The aircraft is a turboprop, so expect to climb very fast.

Before the departure, the PM should ask for the ATIS and departure clearence, and then PF have to brief the PM.
Expect failures or issues, (just a reason to come back),

Some times the issue is not a very evident event, like for example an engire failure, infact it could be flap not going up, (eg. you activate the switch, but nothing happen), and you should be paying attention to it, they are looking for your situational awareness.

I didn't reckognised it and I exceeded the max flap speed.
So, yes, it was my fault, my performance hasn't been the best one, but also the lack of familiarity of the cockpit / aircraft played a big role.

I hope this can help !
Best luck guys