PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlantic Barons
Thread: Atlantic Barons
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2019, 19:27
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
Flew with G too many times.

After taxi out at Addis in. VC 10, , he would not allow me to taxi the jet although I was the handling pilot. I announced ”pre take off checks complete” . He retorted “ pre take off checks complete SIR” . I replied: thank you, I have control, He stared with daggers drawn.

After take off I rolled off the bank to 15 degrees as required by the Flying manual before retracting flaps.
He refused , stating flaps were to be retracted ONLY with wings level.

I then queried what other non standard procedures he required. No response, just a sullen silence.

Heard about this guy within 15 minutes of joining BOAC.

CRM ?

Sorry Captain G ( like one other would-b e training captain, I think he failed the check! I crossed swords with, M -B) you were a danger on the flight deck. I contrast his behaviour with so many of the wonderful ex WW 2 captains from whom I learned so much, one of whom, after an engine failure on take off told me “ just get on with it old boy”. Let me do everything as handling pilot, booked me hotac at LHR , a made a highly complimentary comment in my training file. Contrast Captain G !

That said, in the SEZ on a three day slip, he, G, managed to remain invisible for a full three days.

After nearly twenty years as a captain myself I have NO Time for this form of conduct in an aeroplane of any form.

Last edited by RetiredBA/BY; 14th Jun 2019 at 08:27.