PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Officer's sword
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2019, 16:03
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Tankertrashnav
Thanks chaps. I think Mrs TTN is more deserving of congratulations, not to mention a medal for putting up with me all these years.
Get some time in, and remember that the first 50 years are the hardest - Congratulations to you and felicitations to your bride!

Originally Posted by Boy_From_Brazil
My son borrowed a dozen precious swords from the RAF for his wedding sword party. The sword party stood outside the church in a light rain shower but not all the guys ensured the swords were thoroughly dry when they were sheathed. Before he left on his honeymoon the next day, he entrusted one of his RAF buddies to return the swords to the stores. Unbelievably, his friend forgot about the swords in his car boot for two weeks! When my son returned, he found them all covered in a thick layer of aggressive rust! It took almost 2 days of hard graft to return them to their previously pristine state. I am sure he had other things in his mind!
With which I completely sympathise. Duchess_Driver will understand when I relate that I was talked into allowing a medical officer into borrowing my Wilkinson sword for his wedding and, when it was returned after his honeymoon, it came back complete with cake crumbs and had to go back to Wilkinsons for refurbishment - at his expense....

Jack