PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion are threatening to shut down Heathrow Airport with drones
Old 13th Jun 2019, 07:32
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by 20driver
I did some time in Geology before I switched to engineering.
One thing I observe about the AGW debate is the remarkable absence of geo professionals (and statisticians, another serious omission) in the discussion. As they tend to have a long term view, the ones I know tend to be quite dismissive of the climate modelers and regard the idea of humans controlling climate as rather amusing if not just plain stupid.
Funny, all these worldwide geology organisations are totally disagreeing with you:

The increase of CO2 in modern times, most likely due to humans burning fossil fuels, has led to an enhanced greenhouse effect which is increasing our planet’s average temperature.
As a result sea levels are rising, partly because ocean water is expanding as it warms, and partly because polar ice is melting. Climate change is already causing ecosystems to change.
British Geological Survey

In the run up to the UN Climate Change Conference COP 21 scheduled for December 2015, 24 of the UK's foremost academic institutions, including the Geological Society, have published a joint Climate Communiqué calling on governments to take immediate action to avert the serious risks posed by climate change.
The Geological Society

The concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are now higher than they have been for many thousands of years. Human activities (mainly greenhouse-gas emissions) are the dominant cause of the rapid warming since the middle 1900s (IPCC, 2013). If the upward trend in greenhouse-gas concentrations continues, the projected global climate change by the end of the twenty-first century will result in significant impacts on humans and other species.
The Geological Society of America

I'm just loving coming onto this thread and debunking skeptic's claims with linked information from credible scientific organisations. I agree, let's get this thread to Jet Blast so we can continue the fun.