PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2019, 04:50
islandwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Issapu
I agree with island wings you got as far as getting to Assessment day and who knows when they recruit for Brisbane *could be next year for all I know >__< and im sure by then you would have improved from this time, trust me a year goes by quite quickly, you'll get your next chance soon im sure

islandwings! im so sorry for my delayed reply, im still in the same boat as quite a number of Brisbane applicants, still haven't heard anything from Qantas yet. im very unsure how it will all play out to be honest, about 2 years ago I applied for Qantas Customer Check in Service officer and it still says "in progress" lol!!!! although I applied for the same role again 3 years ago and it said "complete"

so you can imagine whats going through my head when I see this kind of activity. im thinking either they are just going to go radio silent and not say anything at all until the next recruitment drive or if we're lucky to get any sort of reply which is what most of us are banking at the moment.

you asked me also what my thoughts are and im guessing they might be keeping a certain number of us for a potential recruitment day down the line during the year........(if lady luck is smiling upon us lol) which is why a large group of us haven't heard anything yet.

I also read on this forum that a large group of Cabin Crew International staff made an internal transfer to Brisbane Base which is why I think played a large factor for us not getting a AD.

therefore I feel during the year once they are comfortable with the numbers for their Brisbane base and know how much more are needed they will give us an invite to AD......but im guessing even if we are to get the call to AD it would be quite a long while till then (if we're lucky probably near the end of the year, but hopefully sooner ;__

thats just my two cents.......I could be totally off in my thoughts and predictions so take what I say with a grain of salt....

I wish the very best for all of us
Hi Issapu, thanks for your reply. It was much appreciated. I was so excited when the original ads went up for QF BNE CC. I thought, wow what an awesome opportunity. Anyhoo, down track, today I received this and I posted a message further down the feed. Did you get an AD opportunity for BNE? I got this:-

Thank you for your ongoing interest in the Qantas Cabin Crew Australia International based position. We appreciate the time and effort you have put into your application to get to this point in our recruitment process. The nature of the airline industry means requirements are often shifting. Unfortunately, due to a recent change, we no longer have a requirement for Brisbane based Flight Attendants. Whilst we not have any further QCCA assessment centres scheduled in the immediate future, we will keep your application on hold and you will be invited to attend an assessment centre, should any further opportunities arise over the next 12 months.