PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 12th Jun 2019, 12:35
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bill fly

Back on the closed thread FCeng84 had some insightful information on MCAS, which went beyond what the average user knew about at the time.
Shame he hasn’t been around lately.
FCeng84 has a profile saying they are a flight control engineer in Seattle. FCeng84 had a habit of posting well written and accurate technical information sometimes before you could confirm that accuracy with other public sources.

I'll go way out on a limb here and take a first wild guess: FCeng84 probably doesn't work for Airbus.

FCeng84 went dark shortly before ET prelim report release, taking another wild guess: this would be about the time the excrement really hit N1 at Boeing and everyone was probably told to shut-the-****-up on the internet/in the pub/in the bedroom, nobody say nothing except as authorised by Corp Lawyers and do NOT bother the Corp Lawyers with any requests for authorisation because they just got really busy. I sincerely hope it was that scenario and not the one where the corp lawyer turns up at your desk and says something like "can you confirm you had authorisation from legal before posting this...".

But, like I said, just a wild guess, or two...