PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nearest airport around University Of British Columbia
Old 12th Jun 2019, 00:34
altiplano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHEASApilot
You already got it why so far i've not been worried about people saying BC is expensive. Airplanes are CHF400/hr here. Any idea how much i shall rent a C152 in BC ?

Regards,

Jason.
ZBB is definitely the closest from the UBC campus at 30km. YPK and YLY are about twice as far through bad traffic, although the tunnel out to ZBB is ultra horrible both ways in rush hour, so plan your flying accordingly...

Looks like the rates are all there...

Hourly Rental and Instruction Rates | Pacific Flying Club​​​​​​

If you want to try something different though, why not try some float flying out of Fort Langley? They used to rent their 180 and had a Super Cub at one point, but I only see a 180 and a Beaver on their website now... I doubt they rent the Beaver, but maybe you can do a check on it...

I mean, if you're Bringing Cash, why just burn around in a 172?

https://fortlangleyair.com/history/

Another idea, depending on how much you're looking to fly, and where you reside, maybe look into rentals out of CYSE... I don't know much about the operation there, but looks like they have a Super Decathalon and a 172, could make some good day trips away from studies, heading up the Sea to Sky going for a rip in a trail dragger in the mountains... no terminal or controllers to deal with, getting a hike in, and finishing the day off at Howe Sound Brewing...

Anyway, have fun.
​​​​​
​​​​​

Last edited by altiplano; 12th Jun 2019 at 00:45.