PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13 JP Course RAF Church Fenton 1966
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2019, 22:01
Cheemu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Search for Diddy Wheeler

Originally Posted by Fly380
What a magnificent bunch of men. We must have been the finest JP course at Church Fenton LOONRAT - who are you? and Yellow Sun you are wrong. Now let me exercise my brain.

Bob Thompson ran the Rothman Aerobatic Team for a while. Mike Saunders was CFI at Valley on Hawks as a Wing Commander. He retired but came back on a temporary contract as a Flt Lt as they were short of instructors.

I met him at Valley when my son got his wings in 2003? Plenty of beers to catch up on and as for my son - he is now a Squadron Leader presently in The Falklands on a 1 year ground tour and is going onto The Typhoon in Feb 2012. He was on Tornado F3's and had to eject out of one in 2005 at 550mph into The North Sea. The last I heard of Cross Robin was that he was with Kuwait Airways. Tony Cowan was with B.Cal and BA and now I believe, retired in Spain. I am in contact with Diddy Wheeler who is retired. Mike Coldrey I met in Freetown flying for Sierra Leone Airways. He subsequently went to B.Cal and BA and lives in South Devon. Now the best till last. Lurker Laurie. Prince Charles's Captain when he 'deviated' from the runway somewhere in Scotland. So there are the clues as Lloyd Grossman used to say. Who am I? PMs' only please.
Hi there,

Sorry to intrude on a private thread but I’m searching for someone that I think you know. David Wheeler was a friend of my Mum’s when he was first in the RAF. They lost touch eventually, but he tried to reconnect through my aunt who subsequently lost his contact details. My Mum would like to contact him if at all possible and, if someone has his details, or is willing to take mine to pass on, could they please let me know. Also, if something has happened to him, she would also like to know that.

My name is Laura Hearnshaw and my Mum is Sally (nee Bingham).

Thanks in advance,

Laura