PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Babcock Spain announces intention to cut its employees salaries up to 30%
Old 10th Jun 2019, 16:26
R100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ersa
There will be a cue of pilots , wanting to work for 30% less ....
I must agree with you on that one Ersa, as there is always someone willing to work for much less, specially and strangely on the aviation sector where becoming a professional usually came at high personal costs.

Anyway, the roles involved regarding this post (from the pilots point of view), are usually very specialized, ranging in most of the cases from requiring an ATPL, usually with a current and sometimes very expensive Type rating, with FF, winching, or HEMS exp., with some of those requiring MC/ME experience, and in some cases IMC/IFR or night experience, and with a mandatory certified on both English and Spanish aviation languages (the last not required for us locals), what makes me think, that if in fact a cue of pilots starts to lign in with salaries 30% lower, wich, as you say is very likely, then that will for sure come with a price, as we all know what usually happens to aviation companies wich make drastic cuts in their operational departments.
As the saying goes: "If you pay peanuts, you get …"