PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cross channel with Schengen visa
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2019, 12:40
cessnapete

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by homonculus
Thanks Hoodie

The guidance is dated 2018 so it is possible the rules were relaxed - I am aware of a nurse on a Slav passport on an interhospital flight who was seriously delayed a few years ago, and my correspondence with the deputy director of Border Force, again some years ago, was clear. However all section 9 refers to is visas - it does not specifically mention non EU EEA passports. I am not an immigration expert so I suggest anyone in this situation seeks specific advice.

You could get a situation where there is no stamp recording immigration or emmigration. Border Force do check for these at immigration - my partner was questioned at LHR. Does Border Force enter the GAR data on their computer??? And what if you cancel the flight - you could be accused of being an overstay. I am sure they have an answer, but best to ask and not rely on PPRuNe
I have found UK Border Force very accommodation re "non standard" GAR operations out of our small airstrip.
Last year I took a Korean National together, with 2 EU Passport Holders on a night stop to L2K.
A prior phone call to our local office with the proposed trip was all that was required. A normal GAR was filed for the return.
On arrival at the strip direct from France, a couple of Border Force attended our landing, inspected the Korean Passport, and in a day or so sent her a Passport insert recording the UK entry.