PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eng out accel ht at 400ft again and again?
Old 9th Jun 2019, 22:55
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyingStone

I think if they can operate out of Madrid in summer it will be fine.... enough said I hope(of course there is always MORE hot, e.g. ME but at SL or it is higher but lower temperatures).

AS for the first part of your post - I think most of us know the definition of the 5 minutes limit. It is when you are able to set MCT(which happens at flaps up). Not in aviation since yesterday. I think the TO needs to clarify his company procedures a bit OR the defintion of certain manouvers he mentioned.

But rest assure - WE know the limit of our planes. At least I do. And again, 5 Minutes in 1000ft is NOT a problem. Being a bit aware of the performance of a 777 I doubt it would be worse as a 737NG.

As for the memory items/recall items depending on manufacturer - usually you do them at 400ft(Boeing, Airbus(A300), Bombardier) and later. Most operators use the manufacturers suggestions regarding memory items(as it is an important issue, obviously there was a reason to make them memory items).

But this is a useless discussion. I am sure we all know what we are talking about. But it surprises me(us!) that someone makes a cleanup(in a widebody!!) at 400ft.

Last edited by tomuchwork; 9th Jun 2019 at 23:06.