PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eng out accel ht at 400ft again and again?
Old 9th Jun 2019, 20:28
Tu.114

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toung

My fleet policy have been changed from original of Boeing FCTM to initiate “memory items” at 500ft instead of 400ft as Boeing said.
I wonder that in case of eng fail and fire at v1 and continue , if i have follow my fleet policy it seems scaring to accel the aircraft first at 400ft and leave fire to continue and when reaching 500ft to start memory items checklist and do it both in the same time ( accel + memory items).

Either I misunderstand you entirely here or there is a little confusion between memory items/abnormal checklist and acceleration to be read between the lines of your post... Now, my experience does not include the 777, but in all the types I know and have heard of, it is customary to first attack the malfunction and then, with a (basic) shutdown performed, at a suitable altitude accelerate and clean up the aircraft.

The suitable altitude of course depends on various conditions including the minimum acceleration altitude of 1000´ (on all the types I know), the general terrain situation in the area, the status of the initial checklist work and so on - it is generally determined in the takeoff performance calculation, be it via paper tables or via electronic means.