PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle-2
Thread: Carlisle-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2019, 17:45
DC3 Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
It's of the same vintage as Loganair's own a/c. Local press tend not to bite the hand that feeds - if anybody does raise it, Stobart will just point to the money they have spent and how they are being prudent, might oaks from tiny acorns etc. Using a stand alone, leased in unit makes sense of the slighty odd schedule of the latest incarnation of the CAX flights.
I understand the point you're making but I doubt whether it is in Stobart's control. It is Loganair, who have decided to go down this road of paying another operator to provide the service, and I assume that they are contractually at liberty to do so.

​​​​​​Now, I reckon Loganair are smart enough to be able to cancel the contract without too much pain if they deem it necessary. This way they don't have the problem of having an aircraft and their own people to worry about if the routes can't be made to pay.

Also, if they're not sweating on the success or otherwise on these routes from CAX, they can put the ball in Stobart's court if the latter wishes to see commercial aviation continuing.

Hopefully, the venture will prove at least viable, then everyone will be happy.

Loganair. Scotland's canny Airline