PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WARNING - Learjet 60 Scam?!?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2019, 14:07
TheOne83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger WARNING - Learjet 60 Scam?!?

Hi all!

I have been approached by a company claiming to be involved in the oil shipping industry to be in the need for Learjet 60 first officers with base in Oslo, Norway and if I knew of anyone aged max 32 (due to aircraft owner request) to be interested on the position. I then contacted a friend of mine and another candidate through another friend which were interested. The offer is very suspicious.. 4 year contract (renewable after the 4 years to 2 years) 7800€ net per month, free accommodation, base in Oslo, apartment paid by company, life insurance etc. The type rating for the Learjet 60 has to be paid by the pilot 14500€ and a downpayment of 1534€ paid after signing the employment offer and before going for a sim assessment, which would consist of two days (first day 2hour introduction to the B737 sim and next day 2hr assessment).

Now... it seems a really high salary for a first officer who meets the requirements 300TT and ME50 CPL/ME/IR and a Class 1 Medical, agree? They also offer me money (way too much) should the pilots be successful in the interview and sim assessment which is done in either Oslo or Helsinki on a B737 alternative a L60 sim in Portugal. This person claims that recruitment agency's cost too much money, therefore compensation will be paid to me directly (also suspicious). After being successful on the sim assessment the pilots proceed with the remaining payment sum for the type rating.

After doing some research I found nothing about this company, which this caller claims is called Ceres Management Ltd. which is owned by some rich Greek (registered in Bermuda, of course ) and it's owned under AKER AS (which is a valid successful Norwegian company) and he even mentioned Kjell Inge Røkke a Norwegian billionaire who happens to be the chairman of the board for AKER AS.

Today I saw the employment offer, which was sent to the pilots, very poor and unprofessional. I also came across this old thread from 2002 in the forum Warning - Do not fall for this scam!!!!! which happens to state similarities to my post and even the same address as on the employment offer sent to the pilots which is King Olav V 1, VIKA, Oslo-Norway

A total scam, please warn your friends in the aviation industry!!
Calls received are from an Italian number (+39) during more than a week and also a Spanish number (+34) during the last days!
More info to follow.