PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2019, 11:59
willy wombat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who spent his entire career in commercial aviation, I have watched the recent development of SEN with interest, and also the running comments re security queues. I use Edinburgh quite a lot and the security queues could be awful but of late they seem a lot better. If you look at the Edinburgh Airport App on your iPhone or pad you will see that the first page has a constantly updated security queue time (as I type it's 3 minutes). If I was running an airport this is certainly something I'd do as it keeps the spotlight on the issue. Before posting, rather than look like a muppet, I thought I'd download and check whether the SEN app already had this function only to discover, unless I am mistaken, that there isn't a Southend Airport app. Searching the app store for Southend Airport only brings up an app called Southend Airport Travel which appears to be about a taxi company. If I am wrong I am ready for the barrage of criticism but if I'm right...…..really? - who's running the show? PS in the time it took me to type this the EDI queue time has gone up to 5 minutes.