PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK versus BA
Thread: EK versus BA
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2019, 09:04
Meester proach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fantastic
Of course it will be useful. You dont have to join a LoCo but they will still respect your time and experience. What do you mean..,Thats if you can afford to come back'?

You would have saved a ton more money so of course you can come back. You would take a pay cut but if you had joined BA you would have thrown away hundreds of thousands over 5 years simply by joining them, not upgrading and paying lots of taxes

You could join a legacy or LoCo in Europe either as a DEC or at the very least an SFO with quick upgrade and still earn decent money plus have the benefits of a European lifestyle.

To say join BA for the long term stability is simply plain stupid!! Junior pilots have no stability, terrible rosters, fatigued all the time, no weekends off, not seeing the wife and kids and all for the pleasure of paying taxes and earning far less money...

Enjoy the 'LONG TERM STABILITY'
Having loads of ETOPs time is irrelevant if you going to be doing four sectors a day to palma and Belfast , if Ryanair are happy to DEC from smaller jets, it makes no odds if you were a 777 captain or emb.

long term stability ? Yes , I know those at the bottom end of the seniority is pretty tough but simply I mean BA are STILL HERE and probably would be for the duration of someone’s career. Why the hell work somewhere you don’t like for five years to get experience, you don’t need, to do a job that may not exist.

And “ not afford to come back “, I know several guys who went out years ago and now they are examiners etc can not afford the packages on offer in Europe - it’s a big pay and lifestyle cut mainly due all the subsidised add ons I believe .