PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 9th Jun 2019, 03:23
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
The biggest fact is that the FAA have not been given all the facts during the certification of the MAX.

These "facts" are slowly coming to light and not from Boeing in any timely manner.

I have no doubt there are more facts yet to see the light and that is not restricted to MCAS, thing such as simulators and trim wheel forces and other items as mentioned in the media and places such as Pprune will be examined and researched by the world regulators that have been assembled.

December/January seems optimistic when considering the level of trust now given to Boeing under it's current leadership.
My very first ride in an airplane was a rather old B737 100 series. Always liked Boeing planes and especially the 747 and the 737. With the MCAS debacle I am afraid Boeing has shown some level of incompetence or worse, deception. Not attributes I would normally associate with Boeing.

If the Max doesn't get back in the air world wide after say a year, then it could be safe to say it is over for the type. Boeing will have to revert to making the NG while it draws up plans and implements those plans for a whole new plane. The Max may be Maxed out . This is not my hope for the aircraft. I do hope they sort it all out nicely and it goes on to many decades of dependable service. I'd like to fly on one too.