PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 8th Jun 2019, 23:33
Captain.Crunch

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Captain.C,

Just out of curiosity, what kind of prep did you do for your interview ?
bafanguy,

I started by speaking to as many people as I could who had done interviews already to find out what sort of things they had been asked. Then looked at airlineinterviews.com and had a read through interview experiences and HR/Tech questions for the specific airlines I was targeting.

This gave me an idea on which areas to focus on. Main areas I studied and brushed up on were the following;

Meteorology: Decoding METAR/TAF/TTF - The coding and layout have a few subtle differences to Australia.

US IFR Rules: Alternates, missed approaches, holding and approach speeds, etc. Again not the same as Australia.

Aircraft Systems & Aerodynamics: High altitude and high speed aerodynamics, gas turbine engines. Had a look at the systems and specs of the aircraft that the operators had in their fleets. Also refreshed knowledge on systems of aircraft I'm currently flying; fuel, electrical, landing gear, etc.

Approach plates: Had a look at SID/STAR/APP in Jepps, FAA and LIDO formats. Practice to brief each type smoothly and become familiar with the different layouts and symbols.

TMAT and HR: I prepared a number of tell me a time scenario questions from my experiences in GA, as you will be asked a few of those.

I also did research on each operators company history, fleet type and size, bases and compared pays and conditions.

The interview was a pretty straight forward and enjoyable experience that was split into two separate sessions. One was with HR and the other was with a check and training Captain. But in saying that it probably would not have been as straight forward if I had not come prepared!