PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019 - Military Division
Old 8th Jun 2019, 22:08
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
I realize that as someone who really doesn't understand the UK Honors system this looks as if the higher your current rank the higher the decoration?

So its not really based on what you've done but the job you had at the time???

I suppose it 's cheaper than paying people properly.................
Assuming that I'm reading his profile correctly, perhaps Asturias could enlighten us on how the honours system applies for the military in Italy, or should I say Spain in view of his moniker?.

Originally Posted by BATCO
Well done to all on list with particular congratulations to Seb Kendall and Jake Alpert.

The French system is pretty good. Chevalier in place of our LS&GC followed by promotions based on combination of passage of time and achievement.

Batco
Which sounds as if nearly all those whom SASless describes in his post as "hangers on", without elaborating on Legion of Merit and other such US awards, and not just the "rich" and "entitled", all get something in the end in France. Not hugely different from the UK, and I'm certainly not referring to our splendid old comrades who received the Legion d'Honneur, which I noted this week frequently mounted before their British campaign medals.

Jack

PS Must remember to congratulate CDS on his GCB, which in the Royal Navy stands for Good Conduct Badge, which I suppose in a way it is!