PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber taxis moves into helicopter taxis
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2019, 13:11
Bell_ringer

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Any organisation that sits back and enjoys the status quo, providing marginal customer service at an elevated cost will eventually find itself redundant and rendered obsolete by some clever tech company. The black cabs, which most are familiar with, are in this boat.
As a consumer I am grateful I now have more choice, convenience at a better price point.
Why should I pay for a cabbie's skills that has them memorise all the local routes when someone using a clever traffic and GPS app can deliver the same result for less?
Tech is outpacing law makers and businesses will use grey areas until everyone else catches up.

What is the difference between an operator setting up their stall and offering flips or ferries and what Uber is doing?
Uber are using tech to make the process accessible to a broader base but aren't changing the dynamic.
Under your definition, every sight-seeing operator is offering scheduled flights, you would have to apply airline standards to every flight which would have a remarkable effect on cost.

Uber do these helicopter flights around the world, mostly for marketing. They aren't making the experience any more or less safe than it already is.

Last edited by Bell_ringer; 8th Jun 2019 at 15:06.